Thursday 3 March 2011

A fresh start.












I took some time out from illustration for reasons I won't bore you with, and over this period I had time to look at my career to date and think about it in more detail than I had when I was concerning myself with the next job or getting the next job. I realised that I took no real pleasure in illustration and that my most enjoyable experiences were when I doodled in my sketch book. Why? I think because I always tried to do work which I thought people would like and commission rather than producing work which I enjoyed doing. Where as in my sketch book I could draw anything I fancied drawing without any constraints or expectations. I hope to change my attitude toward my career and work. Above is a Photoshop doodle I did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment